In the 1860s a Sunday School and afternoon service was started in a cottage by the woods at Tylers Hill in Buckinghamshire. The work grew and in 1871 St George’s Church was built. Originally a chapel of ease of Christ Church in Waterside, the church is now part of the Anglican Parish of Chesham and Churches Together for Chesham. Along with their Ley Hill Methodist friends, St George’s Church serves God and the local community.
For the first time the story of St George’s – its building and congregation – is brought to life by newspaper reports, Miss Bangay’s memoirs and the recollections of villagers, vicars and veterans of it’s many organisations and groups. The 36 page booklet (160x240mm) is richly illustrated with around 100 beautiful photographs from then and now and has a gloss laminated card cover.
£7.50 including UK postage and packing
Cheques payable to G Glenister
Strathyre, Lycrome Road
Lye Green, Chesham
Bucks, HP5 3LQ